The SLF will host an ambitious and exciting virtual events programme over the summer and early autumn as we think through both the threats and opportunities ahead for Liberalism.
The events will be open to all members and supporters, will cover a wide terrain and will include several big names speakers from the UK, Europe and further afield.
Our plans include:
- A Virtual Liberal Democrat Leadership Election Hustings, in which we'll put all nominated leadership contenders through their paces on the big questions that matter to both Liberals and the country.
- The Post-COVID 19 Economy, a special all member event bringing together some of the biggest economic thinkers in contemporary liberalism with major economic commentators and think tankers. We'll explore where the pandemic will leave us and what the options are to most quickly get us out of recession.
- Order or Chaos ?, a major look at the crisis in multilateral cooperation and what can be done about it, from health cooperation and trade to climate change and the return of great power competition.
- A programme of three Liberal Democrat Virtual Conference fringe events in September under the Build Back Better theme. Each event will consider a different aspect of the need to come out of the current economic and public health crisis in a way that leaves the country healthier, greener and fairer.
- The SLF Annual Conference in October. Postponed from July and held virtually, this will be our most ambitious all member event to date, including contributions from big name thinkers, politicians, journalists and activists concerned about the promotion and defence of liberal values in current conditions. We will also use this conference to set out a developing SLF narrative on the way forward.
Each event will also be recorded and made available as a podcast afterwards.