In this hard-hitting new Report for the Social Liberal Forum Edward Robinson, a former council member of the Social Liberal Forum and a Director of Culmer Raphael, outlines the scale of the challenge that social liberals of all parties have to face in-order to address The Menace of Climate Change.
Edward will be discussing this report on March 15 at 'Rising to the Climate Challenge', a SLF online event.
Outline of the Report:
- The Report details the extent of the Climate Emergency which is facing our planet.
- It challenges progressives to take account of the role of vested interests in preventing a more effective response to climate change, as well as encouraging them to be wary of the "New Greenwash".
- It argues that liberals need to be honest about the measures needed to deliver a clean, green, zero-carbon future on everything from public transport to housing.
- It argues that there needs to be greater honesty about the limits of the profit motive and of new technologies when it comes to achieving environmental outcomes.
- Finally, the Report considers the limits of capitalism and market economics in response to climate change.
Edward Robinson recently launched Economy, Land and Climate Insight a new service looking to cut through greenwash and examine real solutions to cut carbon, protect ecosystems and promote wellbeing. He tweets at @ejcrobinson.